Activia may help reduce the frequency of minor digestive discomfort when consumed twice a day for two weeks as part of a balanced diet and a healthy lifestyle. Minor digestive discomfort includes bloating, gas, abdominal discomfort, and rumbling.
Activia contains Bifidobacterium animalis lactis DN-173 010/CNCM I-2494, which has been shown to survive passage through the gastrointestinal tract in sufficient numbers.
FREQUENT MINOR DIGESTIVE ISSUES
Minor digestive issues in a healthy population most commonly include….
- Abdominal Discomfort
…and can be caused by many different factors
CAUSES OF MINOR DIGESTIVE ISSUES
These lifestyle factors that can influence a shift in the gut flora, causing minor digestive issues.
These lifestyle factors include:
Gender may also play a role in causing minor digestive issues. In the U.S., women are more likely to report experiencing abdominal discomfort and bloating than men.1 Women may be at a disadvantage for several reasons.
- Women have different hormones than men. During the hormonal changes which occur monthly, 73% of women have reported experiencing GI issues.2
- Women have a gut that works differently. Women seem to process food more slowly in the stomach and large intestine than men. (http://patients.gi.org/topics/common-gi-problems-in-women/)
- Women have a more sensitive gut. Throughout the entire digestive tract, women are more sensitive to different types of stimulation than men. (http://patients.gi.org/topics/common-gi-problems-in-women/)
1. Sandler, R.S., Stewart, W.F., Liberman, J.N. et al. Dig Dis Sci (2000) 45: 1166. doi:10.1023/A:1005554103531 2. BMC Womens Health. 2014; 14: 14.Published online 2014 Jan 22. doi: 10.1186/1472-6874-14-14
MINOR DIGESTIVE ISSUES ARE COMMON
Up to 50% of the general Western population frequently experiences one or more unpleasant gut-related sensations as part of the usual physiological digestive process.1 Gastrointestinal discomfort associated with gas, bloating and stomach rumbling is among the most frequent minor digestive issue cited. These disturbances are known to be uncomfortable and can considerably impact the daily life of those affected.
1. Longstreth GF. Functional Dyspepsia — Managing the Conundrum. N Engl J Med. 2006;354:791-793.